Dental hygiene is essential for healthy teeth, gums and fresh breath.
As the saying goes, ‘prevention is better than cure’ and here Purple Dental Care in Bristol, we aim to provide our patients with full support in the fight against dental problems such as tooth decay and gum disease. Our experienced and highly skilled team of dentists and hygienists are here to help you keep your teeth and gums in great shape.
Good oral health begins at home and diligent brushing with an appropriate toothbrush, along with flossing, will get you off to a great start. Unfortunately though, the bacteria that lead to both tooth decay and gum disease have a habit of finding their way into places that simply can’t be reached without periodic professional care to support your efforts at home.
This is where our hygienists are on hand to help. Using the latest equipment, they will remove the tartar (hardened bacteria) that has built up in difficult to reach places. Not only will this thorough cleaning help in the fight against gum disease, but will also leave your teeth looking and feeling cleaner too.
A session with our hygienist offers:
- A ‘Scale and Polish’ to remove tartar, plaque and staining
- A fresher and cleaner mouth
- Advice on the best ongoing oral health care to use at home
- Checks for gum disease and other oral problems
- With gum disease increasingly being linked to many medical problems such as heart diseases, diabetes and even Alzheimer’s, ensuring that you take good care of your gums may even result in better general health too.
Where gum disease has advanced, Purple Dental Care also offers the services of a specialist periodontist who has advanced training in diagnosing and treating all forms of gum disease.